Sunday 18 January 2015

A Little Challenge (Kind of)

Starting to get the Melanoma Awareness message out.
(Orange is the colour for Melanoma Patients Australia)
I have some really amazing friends who I often don't tell enough just how amazing and inspiring they are. That's not their problem, it's mine. For someone who is supposed to be a professional wordsmith and manipulator of the English language I just tend to open my mouth to change feet. In other words, I just feel scared that what I say is going to come across as patronising polly-waffle so I keep my mouth shut. So this challenge, in some ways, is for my amazing friends.

Now, here's the conundrum. One of my amazing friends has set herself 100 things that she wants to do this year (and she's already achieved three.) So I want to get off my lazy, fat butt this year and challenge myself too. I can't come up with 100 things as that just makes my brain implode, so here are 14 (in no particular order):

  1. Exercise a minimum of five days a week (except when on holidays);
  2. Get at least half way to my healthy weight range by the end of the year (bad family health history is a good motivator) without 'dieting', just being observant of what I eat;
  3. Visit non-Canberra family once a month (this one is hard, I don't have a big family and I don't know many of them that I do have);
  4. Meet up with friends for a face to face chat at least once a fortnight;
  5. Text someone once a week to tell them how great they are;
  6. Advocate for Melanoma patients, including getting the word out about what a dread disease it is and how it can be prevented and treated;
  7. Continue on with both knitting and crochet;
  8. Create and cook new recipes;
  9. Allow me 30 minutes of me time per day;
  10. Not post anything negative, cynical or regurgitated on social media;
  11. Focus on using Energy Coaching Skills;
  12. De-clutter the lounge room;
  13. Get to one quarter (or even one third) of a deposit for an investment property; and finally
  14. Let go of the things I cannot control.
So, I have put it out there and now I have to work on it. (Although spending the last week on holidays in WA probably didn't help 1, 2, 12 or 13.)

Here's hoping!

What are your goals this year?

2 comments:

  1. Well, your week in WA achieved #4 for that week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic about the blogging! Good luck with the goals. Look forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete